The importance of registries in today's heart failure therapies
The importance of registries in today's heart failure therapies
Kardiol Pol 2018;76(7):1029-1030.
Markus S. Anker
Andrew J.S. Coats
Stefan D. Anker
- Salem K, ElKhateeb O. Gender-adjusted and age-adjusted economic inpatient burden of congestive heart failure: cost and disability-adjusted life-year analysis. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 259–265.
- Ponikowski P, Voors AA, Anker SD, et al. Authors/Task Force Members, Document Reviewers. 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: The Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18(8): 891–975.
- Delepaul B, Robin G, Delmas C, et al. Who are patients classified within the new terminology of heart failure from the 2016 ESC guidelines? ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(2): 99–104.
- Rastogi A, Novak E, Platts AE, et al. Epidemiology, pathophysiology and clinical outcomes for heart failure patients with a mid-range ejection fraction. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017; 19(12): 1597–1605.
- Mebazaa A, Motiejunaite J, Gayat E, et al. ESC Heart Failure Long-Term Registry Investigators. Long-term safety of intravenous cardiovascular agents in acute heart failure: results from the European Society of Cardiology Heart Failure Long-Term Registry. Eur J Heart Fail. 2018; 20(2): 332–341.
- Seyler C, Meder B, Weis T, et al. TranslatiOnal Registry for CardiomyopatHies (TORCH) - rationale and first results. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 209–215.
- Mamas MA, Sperrin M, Watson MC, et al. Do patients have worse outcomes in heart failure than in cancer? A primary care-based cohort study with 10-year follow-up in Scotland. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017; 19(9): 1095–1104.
- Konishi M, Ishida J, Springer J, et al. Heart failure epidemiology and novel treatments in Japan: facts and numbers. ESC Heart Fail. 2016; 3(3): 145–151.
- Yoshihisa A, Watanabe S, Yokokawa T, et al. Associations between acylcarnitine to free carnitine ratio and adverse prognosis in heart failure patients with reduced or preserved ejection fraction. ESC Heart Failure. 2017; 4(3): 360–364.
- Cohen-Solal A, Jacobson AF, Piña IL. Beta blocker dose and markers of sympathetic activation in heart failure patients: interrelationships and prognostic significance. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(4): 499–506.
- Zelenak C, Radenovic S, Musial-Bright L, et al. Heart failure awareness survey in Germany: general knowledge on heart failure remains poor. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 224–231.
- Blommestein HM, Franken MG, Uyl-de Groot CA. A practical guide for using registry data to inform decisions about the cost effectiveness of new cancer drugs: lessons learned from the PHAROS registry. Pharmacoeconomics. 2015; 33(6): 551–560.
- Sliwa K, Mebazaa A, Hilfiker-Kleiner D, et al. Clinical characteristics of patients from the worldwide registry on peripartum cardiomyopathy (PPCM): EURObservational Research Programme in conjunction with the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology Study Group on PPCM. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017; 19: 1131–1141.
- Migaj J, Kałużna-Oleksy M, Nessler J, et al. Digoxin is associated with increased risk of death in heart failure patients treated with beta-blockers. Results from Polish part of ESC HF Long-Term Registry. Kardiol Pol. 2018 [Epub ahead of print].
- Tang YD, Katz SD. Anemia in chronic heart failure: prevalence, etiology, clinical correlates, and treatment options. Circulation. 2006; 113(20): 2454–2461.
- Theidel U, Väätäinen S, Martikainen J, et al. Budget impact of intravenous iron therapy with ferric carboxymaltose in patients with chronic heart failure and iron deficiency in Germany. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 274–281.
- Cooper LB, Mentz RJ. COPD in heart failure: are there long-term implications following acute heart failure hospitalization? Chest. 2015; 147(3): 586–588.
- Koyama S, Kuragaichi T, Sato Y, et al. Dynamic changes of serum microRNA-122-5p through therapeutic courses indicates amelioration of acute liver injury accompanied by acute cardiac decompensation. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(2): 112–121.
- Ikeda S, Ohshima K, Miyazaki S, et al. Impact of chronic kidney disease on the diuretic response of tolvaptan in acute decompensated heart failure. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(4): 614–622.
- Malhotra A, Patil S, Sands S, et al. Central sleep apnoea in congestive heart failure. Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3(7): 507–508.
- Sente T, Van Berendoncks AnM, Hoymans VY, et al. Adiponectin resistance in skeletal muscle: pathophysiological implications in chronic heart failure. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7(3): 261–274.
- von Haehling S, Ebner N, Dos Santos MR, et al. Muscle wasting and cachexia in heart failure: mechanisms and therapies. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2017; 14(6): 323–341.
- Saitoh M, Dos Santos MR, Emami A, et al. Anorexia, functional capacity, and clinical outcome in patients with chronic heart failure: results from the Studies Investigating Co-morbidities Aggravating Heart Failure (SICA-HF). ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(4): 448–457.
- Koutsampasopoulos K, Ziakas A, Vogiatzis I. Sexual function of patients with heart failure: distinct phenotypes, distinct sexual function? ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 319.
- MacDonald M, Fang J, Pittman SD, et al. The current prevalence of sleep disordered breathing in congestive heart failure patients treated with beta-blockers. J Clin Sleep Med. 2008; 4(1): 38–42.
- Oldenburg O, Lamp B, Faber L, et al. Sleep-disordered breathing in patients with symptomatic heart failure: a contemporary study of prevalence in and characteristics of 700 patients. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007; 9(3): 251–257.
- Cowie MR, Woehrle H, Wegscheider K, et al. Adaptive servo-ventilation for central sleep apnea in systolic heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2015; 373(12): 1095–1105.
- Bradley T, Logan A, Kimoff R, et al. Continuous positive airway pressure for central sleep apnea and heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353(19): 2025–2033.
- Ponikowski P, Javaheri S, Michalkiewicz D, et al. Transvenous phrenic nerve stimulation for the treatment of central sleep apnoea in heart failure. Eur Heart J. 2012; 33(7): 889–894.
- Ebner N, von Haehling S. Highlights from the 9th Cachexia Conference. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(3): 508–511.
- Ebner N, von Haehling S. Unlocking the wasting enigma: Highlights from the 8th Cachexia Conference. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7(1): 90–94.
- Evans WJ, Morley JE, Argilés J, et al. Cachexia: a new definition. Clin Nutr. 2008; 27(6): 793–799.
- Fearon K, Strasser F, Anker SD, et al. Definition and classification of cancer cachexia: an international consensus. Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12(5): 489–495.
- von Haehling S, Anker MS, Anker SD. Prevalence and clinical impact of cachexia in chronic illness in Europe, USA, and Japan: facts and numbers update 2016. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7(5): 507–509.
- Konishi M, Ishida J, Springer J, et al. Cachexia research in Japan: facts and numbers on prevalence, incidence and clinical impact. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7(5): 515–519.
- Lainscak M, von Haehling S, Doehner W, et al. Body mass index and prognosis in patients hospitalized with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2011; 2(2): 81–86.
- Pasco JA, Mohebbi M, Holloway KL, et al. Musculoskeletal decline and mortality: prospective data from the Geelong Osteoporosis Study. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(3): 482–489.
- Akashi YJ, Springer J, Anker SD. Cachexia in chronic heart failure: prognostic implications and novel therapeutic approaches. Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2005; 2(4): 198–203.
- Rozentryt P, von Haehling S, Lainscak M, et al. The effects of a high-caloric protein-rich oral nutritional supplement in patients with chronic heart failure and cachexia on quality of life, body composition, and inflammation markers: a randomized, double-blind pilot study. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2010; 1(1): 35–42.
- Clark AL, Coats AJS, Krum H, et al. Effect of beta-adrenergic blockade with carvedilol on cachexia in severe chronic heart failure: results from the COPERNICUS trial. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(4): 549–556.
- Dodds RM, Granic A, Davies K, et al. Prevalence and incidence of sarcopenia in the very old: findings from the Newcastle 85+ Study. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(2): 229–237.
- Choi MH, Oh SN, Lee InK, et al. Sarcopenia is negatively associated with long-term outcomes in locally advanced rectal cancer. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2018; 9(1): 53–59.
- Beaudart C, Biver E, Reginster JY, et al. Validation of the SarQoL®, a specific health-related quality of life questionnaire for Sarcopenia. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(2): 238–244.
- Dos Santos L, Cyrino ES, Antunes M, et al. Sarcopenia and physical independence in older adults: the independent and synergic role of muscle mass and muscle function. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(2): 245–250.
- Fulster S, Tacke M, Sandek A, et al. Muscle wasting in patients with chronic heart failure: results from the studies investigating co-morbidities aggravating heart failure (SICA-HF). Eur Heart J. 2012; 34(7): 512–519.
- Hajahmadi M, Shemshadi S, Khalilipur E, et al. Muscle wasting in young patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(4): 542–548.
- Springer J, Springer JI, Anker SD. Muscle wasting and sarcopenia in heart failure and beyond: update 2017. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(4): 492–498.
- Santarpia L, Contaldo F, Pasanisi F. Dietary protein content for an optimal diet: a clinical view. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017; 8(3): 345–348.
- Urban RJ, Dillon EL, Choudhary S, et al. Translational studies in older men using testosterone to treat sarcopenia. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2014; 125: 27–42.
- Morley JE. Pharmacologic options for the treatment of sarcopenia. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016; 98(4): 319–333.
- Loncar G, Springer J, Anker M, et al. Cardiac cachexia: hic et nunc. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2016; 7(3): 246–260.
- Kajimoto K, Minami Y, Otsubo S, et al. Investigators of the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Syndromes (ATTEND) Registry. Etiology of heart failure and outcomes in patients hospitalized for acute decompensated heart failure with preserved or reduced ejection fraction. Am J Cardiol. 2016; 118(12): 1881–1887.
- Zamorano JL, Lancellotti P, Rodriguez Muñoz D, et al. Authors/Task Force Members, ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines (CPG), Document Reviewers. 2016 ESC Position Paper on cancer treatments and cardiovascular toxicity developed under the auspices of the ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines: The Task Force for cancer treatments and cardiovascular toxicity of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur J Heart Fail. 2017; 19(1): 9–42.
- Lancellotti P, Galderisi M, Donal E, et al. ESC Cardiac Oncology Toxicity Long-Term Registry Investigators. Protocol update and preliminary results of EACVI/HFA Cardiac Oncology Toxicity (COT) Registry of the European Society of Cardiology. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 312–318.
- Cardinale D, Colombo A, Bacchiani G, et al. Early detection of anthracycline cardiotoxicity and improvement with heart failure therapy. Circulation. 2015; 131(22): 1981–1988.
- Cramer L, Hildebrandt B, Springer J, et al. Cardiovascular function and predictors of exercise capacity in patients with colorectal cancer. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64(13): 1310–1319.
- Anker MS, Ebner N, Hildebrandt B, et al. Resting heart rate is an independent predictor of death in patients with colorectal, pancreatic, and non-small cell lung cancer: results of a prospective cardiovascular long-term study. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18(12): 1524–1534.
- van Bilsen M, Patel HC, Bauersachs J, et al. The autonomic nervous system as a therapeutic target in heart failure: a scientific position statement from the Translational Research Committee of the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017; 19(11): 1361–1378.
- Yanagihara K, Kinugasa Y, Shirota K, et al. Child ego state is associated with high prevalence of repeated hospitalizations in patients with heart failure. ESC Heart Fail. 2016; 3(1): 18–25.
- Gallagher J, James S, Keane C, et al. Heart Failure Virtual Consultation: bridging the gap of heart failure care in the community: a mixed-methods evaluation. ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4(3): 252–258.